CR125 Power Valve Cleaning?

So I have my cylinder off to do the top end on my 2006 CR125 and figure I should clean up the power valves while I'm at it. What exactly would be the process for doing this? Just take the valves out and scrub them down with some carb cleaner and a scotch brite pad? Also, the exhaust port in the cylinder is filthy. Is there a way to clean this out as well?

Thanks a lot,

Will

yes, disassemble and clean all pieces. an easy way is a slow spinning wire wheel attached to a stationary grinder. Berryman's B-12 Chemtool is a stronger than average carb cleaner. Use it with safety glasses and thick gloves because it will peal skin. 

On 4/1/2017 at 1:59 PM, shrubitup said:

yes, disassemble and clean all pieces. an easy way is a slow spinning wire wheel attached to a stationary grinder. Berryman's B-12 Chemtool is a stronger than average carb cleaner. Use it with safety glasses and thick gloves because it will peal skin. 

Ok thanks a lot. I have another question if you don't mind.

So since my bike is apart, I decided to clean up the entire frame. I used the red scotchbrite pads, some aluminum wheel cleaner, and WD40. I have to say, it has never been cleaner! However, it appears that the scotchbrite pads scratched up the frame, just real shallow scratches, but a lot of them! How can I get those out? Could I just go with a finer scotchbrite pad, maybe the gray ones, and re brush the frame with them?

Ok thanks a lot. I have another question if you don't mind.

So since my bike is apart, I decided to clean up the entire frame. I used the red scotchbrite pads, some aluminum wheel cleaner, and WD40. I have to say, it has never been cleaner! However, it appears that the scotchbrite pads scratched up the frame, just real shallow scratches, but a lot of them! How can I get those out? Could I just go with a finer scotchbrite pad, maybe the gray ones, and re brush the frame with them?

I don't know. I don't polish frames but there's many other threads here about that if you search.