Late Bloomer Proven Mods ?

Ok,

Here is a quick history , in 2004 I debated on buying a new XR250R or a CRF230R . To make a long story short , I have a short inseam of 30" and the brand new XR250R that I chose to buy was too tall for me and was short lived and I sold it with only about a tank of fuel ran through it .

I made the wrong decision and have always wanted to get another trail bike and as you all know recently purchased a well kept 03' 230.

Since I am a late bloomer to the 230 , I figure you all have had years of trial and error or what works and what doesn't .

If you have been reading my recent threads I have purchased a Procom and a FMF power mob header along with removing the snorkel, doing the Ramsey mod to the baffle and UNI filter .

I want to keep the engine itself stock right now .

Anything else that actually make a " Seat Of The Pants " difference ?

How about the EO Powering attached to the stock muffler ?

I am kinda on a budget with this build so I would also consider used parts including a used skid plate .

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to read my post and all whom have helped me out in my previous posts !

Yes, the power ring will make a noticeable "seat of the pants" improvement PROVIDING the carb is properly rejeted for the use of a power ring. (It's different)

1 hour ago, Raz Barlow said:

Ok,

Here is a quick history , in 2004 I debated on buying a new XR250R or a CRF230R . To make a long story short , I have a short inseam of 30" and the brand new XR250R that I chose to buy was too tall for me and was short lived and I sold it with only about a tank of fuel ran through it .

I made the wrong decision and have always wanted to get another trail bike and as you all know recently purchased a well kept 03' 230.

Since I am a late bloomer to the 230 , I figure you all have had years of trial and error or what works and what doesn't .

If you have been reading my recent threads I have purchased a Procom and a FMF power mob header along with removing the snorkel, doing the Ramsey mod to the baffle and UNI filter .

I want to keep the engine itself stock right now .

Anything else that actually make a " Seat Of The Pants " difference ?

How about the EO Powering attached to the stock muffler ?

I am kinda on a budget with this build so I would also consider used parts including a used skid plate .

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to read my post and all whom have helped me out in my previous posts !

What type of riding will you be doing and what is the terrain like?

Suspension mods are the most needed and are life and death noticeable.  I rode my '06 230F for a couple of years with factory jetting and still corked muffler while I modded and evaluated suspension and tires.  The only time I thought about making power mods was when sitting here, at my computer, didn't come to mind while riding.

Edited by MetricMuscle
  • Like 1

I'll recommend Bruce's damper rods and Hagon shock, before anymore go fast mods. The limits of the rear shock can be experienced just by uncorking and jetting and become dangerous. Bruces damper rods used without a rear shock upgrade make the rear even worse, inspiring confidence in the front while the rear is bucking and flailing. At least have Bruce do both the front and rear mod to save some $ and still get much needed suspension improvements. I purchased a used Hagon recently, they are rare, but they're out there.

Edited by NEODS
  • Like 2

Unfortunately most suspension mods are more costly than rejetting and exhaust.

If you are just looking for more exhaust sound then removing the quiet insert will give you some BRAAAAPPP!

Changing the pilot jet and using a ProCom will make starting lots easier.