Leaking gear oil

I took my pegs and brake/shifter levers off today to have them painted. Washed the area on the bike afterwards, went to crank bike (without pegs) and kicked over and over to find out the float needle is stuck. In the process of kicking, I created an oil leak. Now the bike is leaking gear oil on the right side engine cover....apparently the kickstart was hitting the cover but I never realized it and the cover is now tweaked and leaking at the bottom. So how bad have I screwed up and how should I go about fixing the leak?

20170328_173141.jpg

20170328_173225.jpg

It looks like it's coming out from the 1st gasket......hard to tell if it's coming from the 2nd gasket also.

Sometimes I can be my own worst enemy :banghead:

Edited by Paul T

clean the surface, check for leaks, try to slightly tighten the bolt. If not go get a cheap gasket set. While its open check your clutch plates. If you find a crack use JB weld.

I'm going to get a new clutch cover gasket, the clutch plates are probably fine since the bike has only 50 hrs of trail riding.

After doing some research on this, it seems that the factory paper gasket for the primary cover is known to go bad and allow coolant to leak. So I'm going to replace that as well.