Drz400s Carb Rebuild Kit

Hey everyone.

I have not had much luck finding out what a good carb rebuild kit would be for a 2000 DRZ400S. The search only turned up one suggestion of using the Moose Racing kit, which I have used in the past, but wanted to see what people here thought would be a good kit. Seems like there are lots of cheap kits on the market from makers I do not recognize which makes me think they are cheap Chinese parts that may not be very good.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I want to get my DRZ running again? I will probably re-jet with one of the JD kits in the near future as well.

Thanks,

Greebe

i see  needle valve i dont see no seat .. thats the expensive part and the one the carb usually needs most .. i'd go with a bigger name, unless you see that seat with it somewhere, or somebody can vouch for it ... when i click the link an 'all balls' name kit comes up at the bottom with the parts alot more visible for 35 .. i'd get that one ..

• Like 1

Exactly what parts do you need? Very rarely do I need all the internal parts for a carb when rebuilt. Usually a good cleaning, a seat seal, maybe a float needle and proper jets are all that's needed. The JD kit comes with the jets so unless the carb is really trashed all you should need is the float seat o-ring and JD kit.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I think I should probably replace everything at this point. I bought it new in 2000, drove it for about two years then left it in storage when out of the country for nearly 6 years. I cleaned everything and rebuilt the carb at that time, but many of the jets were pretty clogged and I cleaned them out the best I could, but it never ran great. Now it has been sitting almost 3 years while I have been building a house. I think I need to just replace everything in the carb.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I bought one of the Shindy Japanese kits that have every part needed.

I appreciate it.