Rogue River/Siskiyous/Applegate area Single Track?

I was looking of the Forest Service site and doing some research on the web and found a fair amount of what looks like very promising single track down in Southern Oregon near Applegate Lake. Some of the trails in question are 

Carlton Pasture Trail #930

Cook and Green Trail #959

Little Grayback Trail #921

New London Trail #928

Stein Butte Trail #929

Summit Lake Trail #926

and I saw what looked like a fair amount of locals only trails on Google Satelite maps. 

I'd like to take a trip down there this spring with some riding buddies from the Portland area, If there are any locals that ride the single track out in that area that would like to recommend some trails or better yet, ride with us this spring Message me.

I ride a KTM 150XC and a 350 XCF-W and am looking for single track info, not dual sport roads. Thanks!!

If it was me, I'd see if there is a National Geographic map of the area. Those clearly mark the motorcycle trails, and I have found them to be excellent, reliable, quality, and accurate. I'd also go online and pull up the ORV website for Oregon, download their annual brochure if you've never seen it....it's pretty darn nice. You'll find some folks here treat trails like it's Fight Club, and that the first rule is "never talk about off the radar trails".  I too have used Satellite stuff for locating possible places, but that may lead to false conclusions and trespass situations. For example, I found some amazing trails by French Coulee in the WA State Gorge area. Pretty sure if I'd gone on that I'd been surrounded by helicopters and swat teams...... that area is a very serious NO GO. Have fun on your trip!

Lot of the singletrack riding is on blm land and isn't mapped, numbered, or advertised. Was lucky enough to have locals from the MRO club tow us around. Couple codgers with built 230's with studded trials tires for the tight switchbacks and logs crossing. Good times.

• Like 3