So what's wrong here

I took carb apart sprayed it all out swapped out the jets put it back together. I turn the fuel on after a while the fuel just started dumping out. I'm guessing has something to do with the float but I've never never really messed with them. how do I go about setting/fixing float? Would it be best to buy a new float/needle?IMG_1490760286.358714.jpgIMG_1490760302.635887.jpg

take the bowl off and see if the needle is properly seated. the needle might be worn or corroded and still leak if properly seated. you can test it by checking if fuel gets by when holding the bowl up w/ the gas on 

• Like 1

After taking out the float/needle and looking at it and cleaning it all out. I think it's a worn out o-ring

9 hours ago, nopo530 said:

IMG_1490764108.134901.jpgIMG_1490764122.307854.jpg

That rubber pointy tip on the needle valve (can't remember proper name for that damn thing) is a wear item.  It appears to have a ring around it, which happens over time.  Order a new one, they're only 14 bucks, (go to rocky mtn atv/mc and select OEM parts, then set your float height and you'll be good to go.  and clean the crap out of that hole too  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm on it I clean it out last night and ordered the needle from rmatv. Anyone know what that green crap was?

11 hours ago, nopo530 said:

I took carb apart sprayed it all out swapped out the jets put it back together. I turn the fuel on after a while the fuel just started dumping out. I'm guessing has something to do with the float but I've never never really messed with them. how do I go about setting/fixing float? Would it be best to buy a new float/needle?IMG_1490760286.358714.jpgIMG_1490760302.635887.jpg

11 hours ago, nopo530 said:

No offense,  but if you learn a little bit about floats and keeping them set, you will have a better running bike as long as you are riding a carbureted bike.  That needle is shot in my book.  another thing to look at is the spring loaded tip,  when they get tired they don't hold the proper fuel level.  I am guessing the seat that goes with the needle is shot too. 

No offense taken, I'm here to learn and get help from people like you who can look at what I'm having trouble with and tell me right alway what's going on and what needs to be replaced. Thanks

Think you would have been better off getting a complete Shindey rebuild kit for the carb. 30 bucks, free shipping, all brass and rubber comes in kit. 

But yes that needle for the float is done. 

Is it just me or is he completely missing the needle seat?  That would certainly cause a leak!

I took it out just before I took the picture the o-ring on it looked pretty bad.

Almost looked like hard water build up. Also unrelated I filled the the gas tank all the way up since I bought the bike. I noticed it was leaking from a small hairline crack above the top fan shroud bolt fitting. I put a little jb on it and it seems to be holding as of now just sitting in the garage but if it fails anyone knows what would work best?

Needle just came in, I tossed it in the carb and bam all fixed up no more dumping fuel, I just wanna say thanks for the help guys.

• Like 4