I'm sorry if this is something I could of looked up just didn't know exactly what to look up.  I am new to the dirt bike world and am having a problem with my 07 230.  I recently bought the bike and installed a power up carb kit on it.  Yesterday I was herding cows and somewhat noticed the bike was acting like i was never in the right gear.  I put the bike up to mess with it later. That afternoon I pulled the bike out for a little ride maybe 15 min and had a straight away coming back to my vehicle and decided to stretch it out.  I guess it was rev limiting and by the time I got back to my truck it felt like the transmission wasn't pulling at all. Tried to put it back on my truck and it didn't have enough power to drive up the ram in first on the bed of my truck.  I am guessing it's the clutch/clutch plates because I can move through the gears easily just didn't have power. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

A "power-up carb kit" should at minimum include opening the airbox as well. What parts were included in your power-up carb kit?

the basics;

remove airbox snorkel

2003-2005 needle with clip in fourth groove from the top

120 main jet 

45 pilot jet

float level check, fuel level at top rim of bowl.

idle screw settings

adjust jetting for air density changes.

"I am guessing it's the clutch/clutch plates because I can move through the gears easily just didn't have power."

Will it rev up in gear but not move??? that would be clutch, bad plates or out of adjustment.

Not having power could be just that the power -up kit was not the right parts for the job or other carb adjustment . bouncing off the rev limiter for extended periods is not a good thing either. :naughty:

Read the jetting sticky... 

and, or

Ramz, https://www.rickramsey.net/CRF230F.htm

Edited by NEODS

Thanks for the reply. I read the sticky on power ups and got the part numbers and did everything except the needle in the fourth position I put mine in the middle.  Got it back the the house and put it up for the night this morning went out cranked the bike up put it in gear and it would move in first now, didn't ride it cause I don't want to do any more damage to it.  Yesterday when I was trying to get it on the truck I could put my feet on the ground and easily hold it from moving in first. Now i can't hold it.  Did I just run it to hot yesterday? Oil is full 

No mention of adjusting the clutch?
Or lubing the clutch cable or lever pivot.
How about lubing the cable pivot where it connects to the clutch cover?

To me at least, these basics should be taken care of first?

Oil is full 

Did you fill the oil yourself? The wrong oil can cause clutch slipping. If your bike was working better before changing/adding oil, this may be your problem. Only use the correct type of oil specified in your manual. Automotive oil with all the wrong additives will make your clutch slip.
  • Like 1

If you do need new clutch plates.Use stock OEM  or Sudco brand or KG clutch plates. Most aftermarket Clutch plates we call 1 hour clutch Dirt digger/Kevlar clutch/EBC are a few to stay away from.

Thanks for the help,  I put motorcycle oil in and I'll be sure to stay away from the aftermarket clutch plates.  Thanks for the heads up.