2016 fuel re map for oxygenated fuel

I was thinking of switching over to vp u4.4 fuel and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the fuel maps. I will have access to the new Kawi fi tuner. Would just adding 3-5% fuel across the whole range be suffice?

First, it's a good idea to make sure your TPS is well adjusted so everything is starting from within spec.  If you have a real good feel, you can add a specific percentage across the board and fine tune from there.  If not, You can develop 3 maps.  One with +5 in the first third and everything else zeroed out, one with +5 in the middle third and the rest zeroed out and one with +5 in the top third and everything else zeroed out.  Spend some time with each one, in that RPM range, within the specific throttle openings, under different loads and make adjustments from there to specific cells.  Once you find what you like, save it and move on to the middle one with top and bottom zeroed out and repeat.  Do the same for the top end map.  Once you have fine tuned all 3, combine them and make any tweaks from there.  Then do the same with +3 on the ignition map.  You may have to fine tune the fuel table once you start to develop the ignition map but you should be close.  It can be cumbersome and time consuming but also a great learning experience.  One thing I learned with oxygenated fuels in my KX is that they can sometimes be finicky to start once they are warm.  Adding a few degrees of timing at idle/closed throttle helped a ton.

Here is an example of how I usually break it down.  I made this sheet in Excel so I can record notes and come up with test maps the night before and enter them all into the programmer.  It makes it go much faster at the track.

Capture.JPG