S Ontario simple riding areas?

Does anybody know of a simple riding spot around southern Ontario with a field, easy trails, or a simple track that would be good for breaking in a new engine?  I could go to Gopher Dunes but I'd rather save the $30 until I'm ready to ride the bike more aggressively.

Thanks

Close to Gopher Dunes is St. Williams Conservation Area.  Great trails, lots of fun and nothing difficult.

4 hours ago, Max17 said:

I'm planning to go there tomorrow (Sunday).

Let me know what the conditions are like... mud-wise.

Conditions were perfect there today!  No mud at all and great traction everywhere.  A few of the single track trails still have a fallen tree or two that haven't been cleared yet but all are possible to get around.  This is now one of my favourite riding spots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max17 said:

Conditions were perfect there today!  No mud at all and great traction everywhere.  A few of the single track trails still have a fallen tree or two that haven't been cleared yet but all are possible to get around.  This is now one of my favourite riding spots.

This is great news!  I think we're going to saddle up and head there for a ride in the coming weeks!  SPRING IS HERE!!!  Thanks for the update :)

Just rode St. Williams! PERFECT conditions. Dry and grippy, 15 degrees and our sun! Can't wait to get out there again

• Like 1

Some easy and very scenic rail bed trails between Perth and Tweed below hwy 7, and K&P Sharbot lake to Calabogie. Great scenery, nothing dangerous, just lots of kilometers  and lots of fun. Pack snacks - this is a lot of country!

• Like 1

Those would be pretty far away for me but they sound nice.  Are there any places to get gas along the way or would it be necessary to bring enough for a round trip?

• Like 1

Hi!

Hwy 7 rail line has Gas & food at Tweed, Kaladar, Sharbot Lake, Perth. 

K&P Line has Gas & food at Sharbot lake and Calabogie. A side run to Ompah past Canonto has gas.

Here's the  great EOTA interactive map!! (The Calabogie EOTA no ATV access link is water, skidoos can do it, Bikes do a go-around.)

https://www.bing.com/maps?v=2&cp=44.98560592634284~-76.69260406506248&lvl=8&sty=r&cid=FFF40924343813D0!784

trails eota.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for a great response!  Having the gas locations makes this much more doable for me.

I will try at least one of these during the summer.