Xtrainer - No tension on left-side exhaust spring?

One of my exhaust pipe springs (left side) just dangles - it has no tension on it at all.  The other side is nice and tight but also doing 100% of the work.  The pipe doesn't appear to be bent or anything.  I've pulled both springs thinking one may be longer by design, but no dice...both identical and in both in good shape.  Any ideas what the cause may be?

PipeSpring.jpg

Take off pipe and check, well replace o rings.
Next loosen muffler, put pipe back on tighten all the bolts starting from the front to the back to line everything up.

One of my exhaust pipe springs (left side) just dangles - it has no tension on it at all.  The other side is nice and tight but also doing 100% of the work.  The pipe doesn't appear to be bent or anything.  I've pulled both springs thinking one may be longer by design, but no dice...both identical and in both in good shape.  Any ideas what the cause may be?
PipeSpring.jpg

Mine is the same. Have had it and the muffler off several times and could never get it situated such that it had tension. O-rings are good... not worried about it at this point, 40 hrs on it and no issues.