my bike is a real mess!!

this is a bit complicated and i don't know where to start and I'm a newbie

i started a project found honda gb 250 clubman engine with broken carbs i start to build up bike from scratch and since i live in egypt its hard to get spare parts and there is nothing called local dealer in egypt any way i found  on ebay a carb the looks same to mine and its xl 600 dual carb
after  i bought it i found out its a top mount this plastics have small crack when i took the old off intake rubber broke and glue it back because as i said there is no spare parts and i couldnt find the original filter box so i installed chinese motorcycle made 125 cc air box and i took it for spin on low speed it run good not perfect but not bad when i push the throttle i begin to lean (if its the right word) and i have to gear up and maximum speed is 80 km/h when i went to mechanic to tune the carb he couldn't find or locate the air screw

12049322_1647636422142947_7402486786497701828_n.jpg

Edited by Tayfoor.voljin

this is a bit complicated and i don't know where to start and I'm a newbie
i started a project found honda gb 250 clubman engine with broken carbs i start to build up bike from scratch and since i live in egypt its hard to get spare parts and there is nothing called local dealer in egypt any way i found  on ebay a carb the looks same to mine and its xl 600 dual carb
after  i bought it i found out its a top mount this plastics have small crack when i took the old off intake rubber broke and glue it back because as i said there is no spare parts and i couldnt find the original filter box so i installed chinese motorcycle made 125 cc air box and i took it for spin on low speed it run good not perfect but not bad when i push the throttle i begin to lean (if its the right word) and i have to gear up and maximum speed is 80 km/h when i went to mechanic to tune the carb he couldn't find or locate the air screw
12049322_1647636422142947_7402486786497701828_n.jpg

Xl carbs can have either an air screw or fuel screw depending on the year. An air screw would be on the left side of the left carb rearward of the throttle slide near the fuel inlet. If it is a fuel screw, it will be under the front of the left carb bowl.
  • Like 1

u mean i have to pull it out ?
cause i tried  and it wont pulled out and moved right and left nothing happened

The screw has that little tab that prevents it from turning all the way around. Break off the tab and you will be able to turn it farther for more adjustment.
  • Like 1

0ooo snap i completely 4got , i went back to my orders history and it turns out its  belong to xl 250 r 1985 model

17555569_1867367110169876_912009725_n.png

LOL, that makes way more sense. 600 carbs would be huge! I do have an 84 xr250r in my shop right now that is very similar to what you have.

Anyway, can you order from American companies? Jetsrus.com will send you any jets you need for those carbs.
  • Like 1

The screw itself isn't very strong , it'll break off pretty easily. The bet thing would be to cut the tab off with a Dremel tool.

• Like 1

i ordered this stuff and going 2 next stage of upgrade cutting out this big tail and change this cheap looking exhaust and hide all those wires and battery 

a.jpg

17630060_1867592663480654_7880714853694715792_n.jpg