Laser Cut Parts

Hi, I'm new here (I just introduced myself in the welcome thread) and I'm from Chile.

I just got a CFR250L and I was wondering if anyone here has made their own parts for the bike. I have access to a laser cutting machine at my job and I could easily make radiator protections, skid plates or other parts.

So do anyone know where to find such parts drawings?

Thanks!

Edited by flechuga

I don't know of anywhere with pre-made drawings just floating around the internet for these bikes...

But I know a few people just mock up templates of parts they want to do on their own and then they go from there. I believe someone made a skid plate out of a plastic cutting board for the CRF250L, since the HDPE Moose Pro Skid Plate is a popular option on these bikes. Although, I don't remember if it was on here or the CRF250L Owners Club Facebook Page (might try your luck there, quite a few members on here are on their as well.

If I had the time, skills, and equipment to make my own parts I would have...

• Like 1

I've 3d printed a few temporary replacement parts here and there. though our printer at work isn't exactly the best for permanent fixtures (the materials we use are more for prototyping than production). if I had the equipment, I'd likely not buy too many things hehe.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Burgan said:

Although, I don't remember if it was on here or the CRF250L Owners Club Facebook Page (might try your luck there, quite a few members on here are on their as well.

Thanks! I will look over there too!

2 hours ago, Crapflinger said:

I've 3d printed a few temporary replacement parts here and there. though our printer at work isn't exactly the best for permanent fixtures

I get that! ...bout i'm mostly interested in getting right the parts' fixing locations...

Thanks for your replies.

get a good ruler and a micrometer and you should be good to go. pretty much everything that bolts into the frame is either a 10mm or 8mm bolt. get your hands on a bunch of thin cardboard or posterboard and make templates. a good greasy finger is the best tool for locating holes on card templates.

• Like 1

Another thought I had is if it's replacing a part you could always pull the old part off and trace the part (if it's flat), so that you will have the distance between holes. Like for a new sprocket cover or something like that. You'd just have to measure the distance it would have to be the sprocket...

• Like 1