2007 ktm 525 sx going price

New to the fourm and want to say thanks in advance. 

My girlfriend has a 2007 525 sx that she had baught for her ex years ago and needless to say her at 140lbs and always a 125 2stroke rider she has no want or need to ride it.

It has been sitting since 08 and has maybe 35 hours on it. She has come to the point of hating to see such a rare bike sit for so long with no one in the family or friends circle that can ride it to full potential and is looking at selling it. The problems is trying to figure out what they go for as its hard to find much info online as it seems few of then are around and even fewer have owners looking to part ways with them. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2006 was the last year KTM made a 525sx, In 2007 the largest SX was the 505sxf new twin cam engine. So I find out what it actually is.

now is a good time to sell due to the higher demand this time of year and the cost of new bike is $11K

it would sell for 4-5K in perfect condition

Just bought a cherry 07 450 XC-W (175 hours) for $2K but there were a lot of extras included.  Larger tank (stock one as well), lighting kit, etc. 

• Like 1

I was replying to z06psi on his 07 450 xcw for 2 grand......was not implying you girl stole hers..

20 hours ago, Scott Lane said:

You stole that!

I would like to think so.  Especially being in Hawaii.   With the extras I really got the actual bike for 1700-1800 and will be flogging it hard this weekend.

• Like 1

Wow!!!! I just looked them up on the mainland.  4k-6k is the going price.  NADA said $1790.00 and he was asking $2500.00 but got him down to $2K.

3 minutes ago, Z06PSI said:

Wow!!!! I just looked them up on the mainland.  4k-6k is the going price.  NADA said $1790.00 and he was asking $2500.00 but got him down to $2K.

Like I said, you stole it!  Congrats on a great bike that will last a long time.