Shell Rotella T6 Now Meets JASO MA2

I just got some Shell Rotella T6 on sale at Advance Auto for $17/gal and noticed the "JASO MA" stamp has been removed from the label.  I went to the Shell website and noticed all the specifications are NOT listed on the label and that T6 now meets MA2.  The old container I had only listed "JASO MA" on the label.

http://rotella.shell.com/products/t6-full-synthetic.html

API: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4

ACEA E9; JASO DH-2; Cummins CES 20086; Volvo VDS-4.5; Detroit Fluid Specification (DFS) 93K222, Caterpillar ECF-2/ECF-3, MAN M3575, JASO MA/MA2, Allison TES 439, MB-Approval 228.31

• Like 2

I put the last of what I had in my wife's Suzuki 650 single and it really smoothed out the shifting.  I now use this oil in all the bikes.

That being said...  I know important ingredients are being removed from oils like this and was wondering of anybody can make a recommendation for an additive for our old-school engines?

To make sure I am understanding..... Quality better or worse as far as our bikes are concerned?

Years back someone enlightened me to the synthetic rotella oil...

I have been keen to the advantages of synthetic since a friend's chemical engineer father had lectured and literatured me up in the mid 80s

Another friend had pointed me to rotella maybe 10 years ago... I had to let my addiction to Redline oils go... Lol...

The rotella can deal with turbo diesel heat and pressure... And it is totally wet clutch compatible....

Not to mention the killer deals you can get... And you can get it almost everywhere...

Love the stuff... Thanks for the update :)

• Like 2

Chuck (Powroll XR218) turned me onto this oil and I really like it.  My 2009 CRF230 shifted notchy, even with brand new oil, and Shell Rotella T6 cured it.  Somebody in here had issues with it in his XR250 (BTR?) but I have not.

I also like the way it changed the feel of the clutch in the SRX600.  It also helped the Suzuki 650 single gearbox.  Good stuff for my needs.

I use the synthetic Rotella in all my street bikes. My clutches and transmission are working great. No complaints.

In my 150/230's:

A few years ago...

I used to use regular non-synthetic Rotella for break in.... but never again.

Siezed two $250.00 Pistons in a row. And that was a nice easy break in for 4-8 hours. (Both of them)

Since switching break in oil brand and riding like I stole it during break in for the first 1/2 hour, dumping the oil, adding the oil I plan on using from then on, no more issues since.

Gun shy now I guess?

3 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

Chuck (Powroll XR218) turned me onto this oil and I really like it.  My 2009 CRF230 shifted notchy, even with brand new oil, and Shell Rotella T6 cured it.  Somebody in here had issues with it in his XR250 (BTR?) but I have not.

I also like the way it changed the feel of the clutch in the SRX600.  It also helped the Suzuki 650 single gearbox.  Good stuff for my needs.

Ok Vortec I have been using Shell rotella in our rental fleet for ever Xr250/305s/  Xr400/440s Wr250/450s Zero problems. You already know guys thrash our bikes. Every 4/6 day tour new oil/filter. My Xr300 and Xr440 with Garbage Honda Hp oil. Would wide open in 5th gear either bike. Down shift to 4th gear on its own. Since all rental bikes get new oil every 4/6 days rotella fine. In my stock motor 230 rotella. On my built crf254f  Valvoline 20/50 synthetic.Only because it is used as scout bike and hill climb 1st up spotter. So It gets used harder and rode every week.

• Like 2