Tips for riding a kx85

So I was wondering if I could get some tips for riding my kx on the track or on the trail. Just heard of engine breaking and was wondering what it was and how I can prevent it on the track or on the trail thanks!

Engine braking is coasting down in gear with the throttle closed.  You will be hard pressed to find a long enough, steep enough hill to cause any sort of damage to a two stroke.  Don't worry about it.

Something that is far more likely to cause engine damage is running for prolonged periods of time at high RPM at low throttle, such as when you're going down a dirt road in top gear.  If you're just cruising keep the revs down and stay off the pipe if you're going for miles and miles.

3 hours ago, turbo dan said:

Engine braking is coasting down in gear with the throttle closed.  You will be hard pressed to find a long enough, steep enough hill to cause any sort of damage to a two stroke.  Don't worry about it.

Something that is far more likely to cause engine damage is running for prolonged periods of time at high RPM at low throttle, such as when you're going down a dirt road in top gear.  If you're just cruising keep the revs down and stay off the pipe if you're going for miles and miles.

Awesome thank you

Start with basics, elbows up, point your toes in so your knees grip the tank.

If you find a spot on the trail that is difficult for you. Practice it. Different gears, different body positions. Most important, have fun and don't ride over your head.