tire trouble

1490819500105-675653032.jpgI ride a 09 yz450f and recently saw a couple o ring like rubber seals floating on my rear spokes, looks like they popped out of the rim? just wondering what these are/where they are coming from, and if I may need a new rim or what? (planning to buy a new spoke set anyway). Figured id find out if i need a whole new rim and all.

Ya the pic is not really clear but it almost looks like a small split washer that someone put on the spoke?

I in the process of posting a new topic called "I've Neglected my nipples among other things" and here a pic up the rear rim on my 05 CRF250R that I bought used in 2010. I didn't have a clue about bike maintenance for the first few years I let this happen to about about 10 nipples. Ironically I've been using this rim since and never had an issue but I'm replacing the rim in about a week.

20170319_110257[1].jpg

47 minutes ago, filterx said:

Ya the pic is not really clear but it almost looks like a small split washer that someone put on the spoke?

I in the process of posting a new topic called "I've Neglected my nipples among other things" and here a pic up the rear rim on my 05 CRF250R that I bought used in 2010. I didn't have a clue about bike maintenance for the first few years I let this happen to about about 10 nipples. Ironically I've been using this rim since and never had an issue but I'm replacing the rim in about a week.

20170319_110257[1].jpg

Thats a gnarly looking rim. Luckily my rims appear to be in good condition, and for the spokes... You think someone popped on a little rubber split washer? I did purchase the bike used. Idk why someone would put a washer on the spoke lol. But you think thats the case? kinda a relief if it is ? and heres a better pic, yes the rubber washer splits in half.

1490835638210-1103496318.jpg

1 hour ago, peaceofwork said:

&%$#@!k that its sunny tomorow lets go snowmobiling up broughm ridge and out to the shark finn i,m running a 12 pro rmk what about you? dont tell me you got to work?

Yes unfortunately I'm working BUT I know its been an EPIC year (F^^&&) theres a WALL of RAIN coming down outside my window in Brackendale right know.

With that said IF I had a sled I'd be blowing off work for an EPIC spring POW POW day ?

30 minutes ago, fourfiftee said:

Thats a gnarly looking rim. Luckily my rims appear to be in good condition, and for the spokes... You think someone popped on a little rubber split washer? I did purchase the bike used. Idk why someone would put a washer on the spoke lol. But you think thats the case? kinda a relief if it is ? and heres a better pic, yes the rubber washer splits in half.

1490835638210-1103496318.jpg

Ya IMO not something to do with the spokes, rim etc and maybe the PO had on some spoke skins or something and that was left over when he took them off?

• Like 1

-1 at 1680 meeters and -4 at the peak today record rainfall in town its got to be special up the hill, i,m pushing a 163 track and about 165 hp, only problem is all my friends want to work.

i had to let the boss go he was'nt fitting in at all

• Like 1