14T front sproket change things much?

Just curious if changing out the front sprocket on a drz400s to 14t will make much difference off road? Been contemplating a 14/44 setup so I can use my stock length chain which is new. Also had thought about 14/47, but figured I could just start with the 14t for now and see what difference it makes.  Highways around here are all 60mph or lower anyways though, so not sure. I also live in the flatlands, so I think the extra grunt of the 47t may not be necessary.

What do you guys think? Would changing out to a 14t up front make much difference off road?

Edited by Greebe

Yes, I would run 14-44 offroad and it makes things much easier. Highly recommended and a cheap fix for what i'd consider an overly tall 1st gear. Obviously it'll make highway runs more taxing on the motor but for offroad it makes the bike more capable and torquey

Thanks. Is there any better one sprocket to get for this bike in 14t or just get anyone I can find that fits the bike?

Go with any commonly known brand that makes a steel sprocket (vs aluminum). Think JT or renthal