snow level at elkins????

anyone been up to elkins lately ??? wondering if its worth taking my ds up there to check it out ??? riding the roads of coarse ...  with all this snow  will apr 1st happen ?

with such a big snow year, unless we get June rain, EF will go from snow to dust

You may not care but the seasonal closure of ohv trails up there are still in affect until April 1st and may be extended as they seem to do every friggin year .  

I checked and they are still undecided if they are going to open yet . They said try back this evening or tomorrow :cool:

530-622-5061

• Like 1

I drove up there today in my truck and did not hit snow until a few hundred feet before the cold spot !!! trails looked perfect. I drug a few trees off n/s road and I made sure not to drive on any of the dirt roads  hope it opens soon

• Like 3

Did anyone go up there this weekend?  How was the conditions / snow?

Gold Note and Lower Elkins are open - no snow at Gold Note at all.

Lower Elkins is good - but go up higher at your own peril.

I may hit it this weekend - we will see what the rain has in store.

• Like 2

gold note can be nice when the trails are tacky . I need a gold note kinda trail ride.   Been too much on me these last two rides.  Take a easy breezy gold note trail ride, set up a wine glass holder on my bars.  :cool:

il_570xN_88204778.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1

gold note can be nice when the trails are tacky . I need a gold note kinda trail ride.   Been too much on me these last two rides.  Take a easy breezy gold note trail ride, set up a wine glass holder on my bars.  :cool:
il_570xN_88204778.jpg

[IMG_7590.JPG

On a weekday this could be a fast fun ride
IMG_7590.JPG