06 crf450 vs 07 rmz 450

Ok I own the rmz but I rode my buddies bike today the crf is so much more powerful than mine like crazy and it's so much faster idk the problem my bike needs its valves shimmed could that be the deal plus could jetting be an issue too bc my bikes choke doesn't work like when I finally start  it finally and I put the choke on it will kill the bike off and my hot start doesn't work so could it be a fuel problem too that I'm losing a lot of power and speed I mean my bikes a 4 speed and his bike will prolly go faster in 2nd than mine in 4th so idk the issue help please 

Sounds like the RMZ has a lot of mechanical issues going on...the bikes really should not be that much different if you are comparing stock to stock or similar upgrades, as far as power goes anyway.  

What sets bikes apart are suspension, ergos, handling, and really as simple as it sounds color/style preference.  Power is pretty equal on the 450s and if its not, its probable the easiest thing to achieve.  But your RMZ sounds pretty sick, probably needs piston, rings, maybe a cylinder, valves, and carb attention.

Sounds like the RMZ has a lot of mechanical issues going on...the bikes really should not be that much different if you are comparing stock to stock or similar upgrades, as far as power goes anyway.  
What sets bikes apart are suspension, ergos, handling, and really as simple as it sounds color/style preference.  Power is pretty equal on the 450s and if its not, its probable the easiest thing to achieve.  But your RMZ sounds pretty sick, probably needs piston, rings, maybe a cylinder, valves, and carb attention.

Thanks for the feedback best answer that I've gotten thank you.