I am a beginner at motocross racing but I have been riding since I was 5, I'm soon getting into racing and wanted to start on a ktm 125 2T but noticed that 4T has very good bottom end torque. I was wondering what would be the best bike for me to be very aggressive in racing but still be able to bring it home and ride hard trails?ktm_350_sx_f_2017-852x480.jpg

I'm partial to the blue bike. Parts, cheap and fun. I owned an orange bike...once.

• Like 2

If you can race a ktm 150sx against a 250f that would be an option to look at. Personally I would start on a 2st. The 4st are probably easier to ride but a 2st will develop your skills better.  Ride a 125 or a 150 for a year then reevaluate you bike choice and then maybe move to a 250f

• Like 3

125 2 stroke for sure. yz125's are just amazing bikes

However a 125 isnt really ideal for enduro style trail riding(but you are mostly racing), for general trails it will be fine but a little twitchy

You can look at the ktm150sx and 150xc also (2 strokes). If your budget allows it

I'm not sure how old you are because it would affect the cc you want obviously. If your in your teens you might want a 250cc 2T
It's able to go do trails and reck a track with a good rider