I have been given the opportunity to ride a new Yz450f on a daily basis. I will mostly ride on street but I will also ride on fields and other minor rough terrain, but not on mx tracks for now. I've rode a yz85 (2 stroke) and some four wheelers over about 5 years. I'm looking for tips on riding the 450 as it is a more powerful bike than I usually ride. Thanks for any tips you've got.

I won't be riding on populated roads. I live by a large system of vacant roads where construction for a neighborhood was stopped, this also left sand lots and small trails. It's my close friend's bike if you really cared about where I got the opportunity to ride it. 

If you are riding a YZ450 on the pavement with knobbies you will soon be in a world of hurt.  It is only a matter of time before that thing spits you off on your head.

• Like 2

Riding a yz85 has its own challenges. I weigh 245 and they do 3rd gear wheelies when they hit the power band.   I agree that you need to respect the bike as it can be a serious handful if you are not ready for it especially with knobbies on pavement.  Wear all of the proper protective gear and you will probably need to massage your cheeks at the end of the day because of all the smiling you will be doing.