2008 KX250F for trail riding?

Hi all, I currently ride a 2001 WR250F (pic attached). I bought it 4 months ago after many years not riding so am on a learning curve. I do trail riding and contemplating upgrading to a 2008 KX250F (pic attached). Reviews say it's an all round great bike, just wondering if it would be too MX-ish for trail riding. Could it handle periods of slow technical stuff? Is the low down torque OK?
Any feedback apprecaited. Thanks PJ

20161116_200328 (800x600) (640x480).jpg

571903315.jpg

I ride with a buddy that has a WR250 and there is not a hill he cannot make it up on that thing and the e-start is a huge plus. When we ride it's mostly gnarly terrain and the bike never lets him down. It's a great bike! I'd say stick with the WR. Get some new plastics and you'd have a brand new looking bike!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WWalker said:

I ride with a buddy that has a WR250 and there is not a hill he cannot make it up on that thing and the e-start is a huge plus. When we ride it's mostly gnarly terrain and the bike never lets him down. It's a great bike! I'd say stick with the WR. Get some new plastics and you'd have a brand new looking bike!

Thanks WWalker. I went and looked at the kxf today. It has a FMF exhaust and larger jets but tbh it wasn't as quick as I expected. Overall condition not as tidy as expected either. So I came home with an empty trailer. Your comments make good sense. The WR has been very reliable and actually has pretty good power. Being a 2001 it doesn't have electric start though which would be awesome especially when stalled on a muddy hill. So maybe I keep learning on the WR then get later model with electric start later on. Or perhaps summin like a KTM XC or similar.. 

• Like 1