Cylinder and Power Valve Help

So I have my cylinder off to do the top end on my 2006 CR125 and figure I should decarbonize and clean up the power valves while I'm at it. What exactly would be the process for doing this? Just take the valves out and scrub them down with some carb cleaner and a scotch brite pad or soda blast them? Also, the exhaust port in the cylinder is filthy. Is there a way to clean this out as well? Furthermore, is there anything I have to do to clean up the cylinder walls? Finally, do I have to do any special process to gasket surfaces before putting on new gaskets or do I just take of the old and put the new one on?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide,

Will

Edited by Will I Am

8 hours ago, Will I Am said:

So I have my cylinder off to do the top end on my 2006 CR125 and figure I should decarbonize and clean up the power valves while I'm at it. What exactly would be the process for doing this? Just take the valves out and scrub them down with some carb cleaner and a scotch brite pad or soda blast them? Also, the exhaust  port in the cylinder is filthy. Is there a way to clean this out as well? Furthermore, is there anything I have to do to clean up the cylinder walls? Finally, do I have to do any special process to gasket surfaces before putting on new gaskets or do I just take of the old and put the new one on?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide,

Will

I use Easy Off oven cleaner for power valves. Use the fresh scent and let them soak overnight. Carb cleaner works but I find the Easy Off less work. You can use it on your cylinder too just make sure you wash it off with hot water and dish soap afterwards. Lastly I have had numerous CR cylinders honed without issue. Some say not to but I've never had a problem. 

If you're nervous about it just use a Scotch Brite pad and some carb cleaner on the bore.