Seat Concepts Seat w/ Pan - 2017 FE 501

Has anyone ordered the seat concepts seat with the aftermarket pan?  I'm curious as to how well the pan fits on the bike.  I'm going back and forth on the value of keeping my stock seat intact, maybe for the occasional competition use, but for the most part the softer wider seat will be staying on. 

4 hours ago, supatrucka said:

It fits great, I just installed mine on my ktm.

Pics?

I agree it fits well and is fully functional.  When comparing it to the stock pan, it seems a little bit like a copy of a copy but overall it is pretty good.  Mine has a slight twist to it but it straightens out on the bike.  I would not hesitate to get the full seat with pan from Seat Concepts and I think just about everyone would be happy with it.  But much like fuel tanks, body plastic, etc., the fit/finish is not quite as good as OEM.  YMMV

Thanks for the pics.  As long as it fits solid and flush - and straight - when mounted on the bike, that's what's important to me.  I'm not that good working with fabric either, the idea of installing the new foam and cover properly is not something I was really looking forward to anyway.  

• Like 1

Has anyone ordered the seat concepts seat with the aftermarket pan?  I'm curious as to how well the pan fits on the bike.  I'm going back and forth on the value of keeping my stock seat intact, maybe for the occasional competition use, but for the most part the softer wider seat will be staying on. 

I have fitts great. Low comfort seat husqvarna fe 501 2017

Honestly, I've never been a real fan of SC seats (had 3)......this latest one for some reason that I put on my 17 FE is surprisingly good. Great cover material, perfect fit and even highway comfortable for reasonable distances. 

IMG_4827.JPG

• Like 5

On 3/31/2017 at 2:31 PM, VTHusky said:

Thanks for the pics.  As long as it fits solid and flush - and straight - when mounted on the bike, that's what's important to me.  I'm not that good working with fabric either, the idea of installing the new foam and cover properly is not something I was really looking forward to anyway.  

Ive sold a bunch of them for the new KTM & Husqvarnas now... not a single concern. Everyone happy. :thumbsup: