2014 KTM 200 EXC - 135 hours - worries?

Hi guys. 

I'm looking at a KTM EXC 200 from 2014. It has had two previous owners. It's run 135 hours and had new piston at 130 hours. 

Thing is that I'm completely new to two strokes and this line-up from KTM. Also first time buying a bike with 'hours' and not just KMs:rolleyes: I think it is at 2800 km's. 

I have the impression that is has been used for some real off-road/enduro with rocks, climbs etc. But I have no reason to believe it has been abused or not maintained well  

Now to the question: Is 135 hours very high for a 2,5 year old bike and should I worry - or does it sound like a no-brain purchase? Or something in between? ;)

Thanks in advance,

D

Sounds good to me.  I'd bet a lot of guys have a lot more hours than that after 2 seasons.

• Like 1

135 hours on any bike really isn't much at all if it was taken care of. You could buy a used bike with 60 hours on it and it be way more beat up and in a poorer state mechanically if the owner didn't do squat. I'd just check it out in person and go from there. If the airfilter and airbox isn't clean and the bike makes a bunch of grinding from grit in the brake calipers, chain and hubs, then they probably couldn't have been bothered to do anything of the more extensive tasks that would have needed to be done several times over with 135 hours.

• Like 1

wow.  130 hours??  highway driving only??

my bike looked like that when I bought it the end of last summer.  only 18 hours on it now and its got 3x the wear and scratches on it!!!

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1