2 stroke 125 or a 4 stroke 250 for beginner?

I am looking at getting my first dirt bike, I have ridden quads and have always wanted to ride bikes. Before people start sharing there opinions about 2 stroke vs 4, this is what I'm looking to get out of the bike. Something that is fun and easy to learn on, Period. Don't worry about maintenance costs or the "thrill" of 2 strokes etc...

I originally though 2 stroke but my buddy has a 2 stroke kx250 and i felt like i was out of control every time time i gave more then a touch of throttle. Is this because I'm new to riding dirt bikes or is this a 2 stroke thing. I want something that is easy to control and I like what people say about the smooth power bands on the 4 strokes.

Cheers,

Kyler

4 stroke, example my son (11) has rode 4 strokes for ever and fast but a new Rm85 is messing with him bad! Speed, clutch, clearing motor unless riding good, his 2010 4 stroke could do anything easily

@CRJohnny not sure if you would be able to compare but do you if there is a lot more kick from a 250 2 stroke compared to a 125 2 stoke? 

17 minutes ago, kcruz4477 said:

@CRJohnny not sure if you would be able to compare but do you if there is a lot more kick from a 250 2 stroke compared to a 125 2 stoke? 

Night and day different the 250t will have way more power all around.  The 125 has almost no power till you hit the high rpms.  250f has great power all over the power curve making hen far easier to ride.