Best Dirt Bike Radiator Guards / Braces?

Thanks so much for the pics, do you happen to have a photo with the plastics off? I want to see where they mount up
Also what year is your bike brother?

I don't have a crf but I have used both unabikers and bpd. The problem with the unabikers or any of the stamped steel ones is the metal is too thin. They held up for a few wrecks but then the metal starts bending and just becomes soft. The bpd are thick. They don't bend.

I don't have a crf but I have used both unabikers and bpd. The problem with the unabikers or any of the stamped steel ones is the metal is too thin. They held up for a few wrecks but then the metal starts bending and just becomes soft. The bpd are thick. They don't bend.

I am looking at the gullet proof designs website.. sadly I don't see that they make them for a CRF250X

Thanks so much for the pics, do you happen to have a photo with the plastics off? I want to see where they mount up
Also what year is your bike brother?

I don't right now but I can take some tomorrow. The rear mounting ran ayesha to the frame where the shroud attaches.

I have an '07.

8 hours ago, jasongind said:

I don't right now but I can take some tomorrow. The rear mounting ran ayesha to the frame where the shroud attaches.

I have an '07.

Awesome, thanks you!  I am looking forward to seeing them.

I found something like the flatlands cheap and to date they have been good ,i also cut some ali to shape and encorporated that too factory connection make the braces but they were just too expensive so i made my own form an audi a4 bonnet work a treat and they are well hidden been tested and they seem to do the trick

+1 for the FlatLand,

If you want to add maximum resistance on lateral impacts, just install two aluminium tubes like this:

post-424682-0-54136600-1425147394.jpg

Edited by TiJean

I have unabiker.  I drop my bike a lot.  So far no problems.  I mostly got them because thye are black

+1 for the FlatLand,
If you want to add maximum resistance on lateral impacts, just install two aluminium tubes like this:
post-424682-0-54136600-1425147394.jpg.1a770c08a8fa245969b9c5a11efac513.jpg

How did you add those additional supports? I am likely going to go with FlatLand and would love to do this mod

I have a 2013 X.  The guy I bought it from gave me Moose Racing rad. guards that were in the box.  They went on pretty easy.  I haven't really tested them out yet.  It looks like these are more to prevent twisting and side impacts of the radiator and not frontal impacts, but the others look like they somewhat block and disrupt air flow over the fins.  There is a video of the installation of them online that you can probably find.

I have Devol rad guards. I drop the bike a lot and they've held up well. They would probably not save the radiators from getting impaled by a shark tree branch, but I generally don't ride fast so I don't need the absolute beefier guards out there. Plus, the Devol guards are on the cheap side of the spectrum.