mn riding opening for spring 2017

I haven't either, but I've been watching supercross from the couch, and it all looks pretttttty easy.  I don't know why I haven't been going fast up til this point.

My belly is very round from inactivity over the long winter, I feel ready!

:cool:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tranqwhl said:

I haven't either, but I've been watching supercross from the couch, and it all looks pretttttty easy.  I don't know why I haven't been going fast up til this point.

My belly is very round from inactivity over the long winter, I feel ready!

:cool:

This sounds familiar.

*watches Jarvis video*

Yeah.  i can do this. I just need to be faster, stay forward, more aggressive!

*gets on bike*

putt putt putt...tipover.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SilentAssassin II said:

I think I'm going to ride Kingston Saturday, haven't rode at all yet!

turns out we're heading there as well, stop by and say hi, look for the 2017 crf450!!!

not mine, a friend's, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

I got to try the new 450, it was pretty sweet.  I want one, but I forgot how much time a guy puts in to putting new parts on a bike, adjusting everything, getting the suspension the way he wants it...

My bike worked just freakin' sweet, the rider a bit rusty, and out of shape; but I felt like I was riding a crotch rocket out there with knobbies.  It leaned into corners nicely, the front end stayed where I put it, it was wonderful.  The new 450 was a bit "deflecty" still, a bit stiff from being brand new I reckon.  If it were mine I'd have to soften the heck out of it, but that's just preference.

The 450 turns great and the power was amazing, controllable and awesome.

It was a great weekend to ride, but I feel like I got hit by a bus... very sore from sitting on my butt for six months.

• Like 1

I only saw one new Honda and it was in the back of a black f150 leaving for the day.  I'm really sore today still, but definitely worth it, nice day and nice to fling dirt again.

• Like 1