300RR/Racetech Revalve

I recently revalved the OC forks on my 2017 300RR.  I used Racetech's Goldvalve compression kit and their Goldvalve rebound kit.  I did not use the settings they recommended for me.  Instead I used the Racetech settings Moto9 had posted for his 300RR in the Suspension forum here at TT.  Forks work great on the rough rocky, rooty trail that I ride.  Plush without being to soft, tracks strait and does not deflect. 

After getting the forks to working like I want on rocky trail the rear shock had a glare on its problems.  If I would charge into a rocky section the tail would not stay planted.  It would either kick up or kick to the side sometimes if it bottomed out, bounce badly on braking bumps.  I decided to get the Ractech Goldvalve kit for my rear shock as well.

I talked to Mike Crow at Racetech, he stated that the Beta Sachs shock was way under damped.  He sent me his recommended setting for the type trail I ride and he nail it spot on the first time.  The problems I mentioned above are gone and the tail has a lot of damping with out feeling harsh.  Feels very plush, tracks straight and stays planted when charging in a rocky section or up a rocky hill.

The Beta 300RR is not bad as it comes OE but it can be made whole lot better with suspension revalving. 

Glad I choose the Racetech route to fix my suspension.  I'm a happy dirtbike rider!

Edited by oldman
  • Like 3

I've thought a lot about this because racetech now offers both rebound and compression gold valve kits for the Sachs CC forks. The problem I have is that these forks don't really need valves to make them work. They just need the shim stack played with.

This creates dilemma for me because I like to do things myself but can't find shims anywhere. I also don't know what needs to be done to the stack, except that the rebound needs to be slowed down. So this makes me lean a bit towards the racetech kit because they'll tell me exactly how to setup the valving and I can tune from there.

So it's either get the RT kit and do it myself, or have them done by plusoneperformance who I'm confident would get them right. He's also extremely helpful anytime I have questions and I'm inclined to have him do them. Decisions!

Thanks for posting about your set up and the outcome.

• Like 1

I've thought a lot about this because racetech now offers both rebound and compression gold valve kits for the Sachs CC forks. The problem I have is that these forks don't really need valves to make them work. They just need the shim stack played with.
This creates dilemma for me because I like to do things myself but can't find shims anywhere. I also don't know what needs to be done to the stack, except that the rebound needs to be slowed down. So this makes me lean a bit towards the racetech kit because they'll tell me exactly how to setup the valving and I can tune from there.
So it's either get the RT kit and do it myself, or have them done by plusoneperformance who I'm confident would get them right. He's also extremely helpful anytime I have questions and I'm inclined to have him do them. Decisions!
Thanks for posting about your set up and the outcome.

Yep, I have used RT stuff on road bikes and really liked it. It seems to me that good suspension relies on engineering time and testing, once folks spend a bunch of time getting good it quickly becomes a business. It seems to me just like a JD jet kit, you arent paying for the parts so much as their r&d. I'll say that I could make big improvements back in the day but was never sure I nailed it while my friend who paid for suspension was a lot faster and loved it. Circling back...Can you get shims from Beta?

Race Tech did the suspension on my 15' 300rr a couple years ago. I sent my forks and rear shock to them

for revalve and springs. They gave me an R&D discount because at the time they didn't have a Gold Valve kit for

the Zokes so they used mine to create one. I also got the Gold Valves for the rear shock. It's pretty a expensive

investment so if you know how to do it yourself you'll save a lot of money, but the results were incredible. 

Night and day especially the forks, which were really stiff and alkward feeling before. It was worth the money.