Ohio XC/Cross Country

Just got back into ridding this last summer after about a 10 year absence, and was thinking about trying a local XC race within Ohio this spring. I've never raced, and am not finding much for local amateur races. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just got back into ridding this last summer after about a 10 year absence, and was thinking about trying a local XC race within Ohio this spring. I've never raced, and am not finding much for local amateur races. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure what part of Ohio you are in but there is a race in Gosport, Indiana this Sunday. Mwxc event. I think it is www.Midwestxc.com

OXCR . Google it.

Thanks! They make you search for.the info. All the races look to be in SW Ohio?

Not sure what part of Ohio you are in but there is a race in Gosport, Indiana this Sunday. Mwxc event. I think it is www.Midwestxc.com

I'm located in NE Ohio. Would like my first race to be a bit closer. Thanks for the info though!

I'm located in NE Ohio. Would like my first race to be a bit closer. Thanks for the info though!

Look on www.usdualsports.com.

Plenty of racing/riding in SE Ohio.  ACES  http://aces-races.com/  hosts an enduro series, FAST TRAXX  http://fasttraxxracing.com/  hosts MX, SX. and GP races, a number of local clubs host DUAL SPORT/ADVENTURE BIKE rides, and the big one is THE JOHN PENTON GNCC  http://gnccracing.com/event/john-penton.  In addition, Wayne National Forest has 70+ miles of off road trails.

• Like 1

Check out USDUALSPORTS.com for Ohio Off-road events. ACES has 10 enduros this year, a 6 round Family Enduro / trail ride event series, Dual Sport trail rides from AMC, ERA, ZTR, and maybe OWR... 

Lots of great riding to be had. 

There is a 60+ mile restart format enduro this weekend in Wellston. ACES' Club Appalachian Dirt Riders. 

Wellston is 3hrs away. Everything seems to be south of the Columbus line. I'll have to map out all the races and see what I can do.

moto101ty, man just list the nearest city, there are races all over ohio. North East im thinking your cleveland, youngstown area.

AWRCS is racing in wellsville, OH this weekend, really good harescramble series and that location is great usually 10-12 mile laps and some gnarly terrain. And AWRCS is cool because quads n bikes are on different days (most prefer this). They usually bring in 300 bikes.

CRA Riders, smaller series, smaller courses, less classes They usually run a harescramble every weekend from March on. Unfortunately they do run Quads N bikes the same day, and the courses are not very big usually a few mile laps.

EROC series is another good one starts in May. Fairly new series not as many races as the others but seem to be well liked and have a bunch of good guys running the series, again sadly quads n bikes same day.

GNCC does run 2 races in the upper half of Ohio powerline park and the Penton. And of course the bonus quads n bikes on different days.

ACES-Races Is the only enduro series n ohio and a very good series, they run 2 enduros fairly close to northern ohio, Zanesville and Bergholz. Big bonus no quads period, and enduro's always have the best trail to race, most agree they are worth the drive.

• Like 1

If you want to try one Western Reserve in Salem Ohio is having a hs on May 7th

www.westernreservemc.com/schedule.html $25 no membership needed.

WEXCR is a great series, this is my second year running with them. Awesome people and well laid out/marked tracks. CRA has some mideast/northeast Ohio but they are very unorganized from the ones I have been to and not very well marked.