New ride

Going to pick up a 09 450X Saturday...can't hardly wait. I've been trying to decide on a KLX450R or a CRF 450X...and finally made the choice and found the bike. Original owner, maintenance to the nines, larger fuel tank, hand gaurds, rad guards and skid plate.

Will post pics when I get it home...12 hr drive to get it.

• Like 2

So a disappointing evening...guy called me as he decided to keep the bike. :( He was having some financial issues and is going back to work Monday...that's why he was selling it for a good deal. Needless to say, I'm super down about it, but glad he told me before driving 6hrs this morning.

I once was supposed to meet a guy the next day and when I called to talk to him he said he wanted to keep the bike now because he rode it that weekend.Im glad he did because I was able to get a better bike at a better price. It takes a lot of patience and it seems like you have the cash and are ready to pull the trigger and that's to your advantage.

• Like 1

Well good news, 6 hrs round trip in a snow storm and I bought a clean 09...all stock. Rolled it out of my truck at 1:30 this morning...can't wait to leave work and check it out more. I wanted to sit in the garage and stare at it, but 2 am was closing in...lol. Will grab some pics likely tomorrow during the day...I'm so excited...and so is my son who I'm going to ride with.

Where are you located? Also, being that there aren't a ton of these bikes on craigslist at any given moment, they could just be selling before you get to them, and the seller could just be really conflict avoidant and think it's easier to say they're keeping it.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vipernutty said:

Well good news, 6 hrs round trip in a snow storm and I bought a clean 09...all stock. Rolled it out of my truck at 1:30 this morning...can't wait to leave work and check it out more. I wanted to sit in the garage and stare at it, but 2 am was closing in...lol. Will grab some pics likely tomorrow during the day...I'm so excited...and so is my son who I'm going to ride with.

I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Any decent bike I buy often has required above average effort to acquire. Glad you got it home!

• Like 1

just a question on the KLX450 you were looking at... over here in New Zealand they run these out the door brand new very cheap, you can often find new ones for about $8995 NZ dollars, where as a comparable CRF450xof that year and new will be about $12k at the shop... the Kwakas dont seem to have the best name or resale for some reason... bit like the RMX450, albeit you get great bang for buck with the green and yellows... what are the new KLX450 prices like over there in Trumpville?

I notice in the bike test magazines the KLX never wins anything, but they are never lambasted with complaints either, they just seem to be middle of the road with all performance, style and dirt trials... the only thing for me is they look a bit piggish and heavy....

2 hours ago, trollope said:

just a question on the KLX450 you were looking at... over here in New Zealand they run these out the door brand new very cheap, you can often find new ones for about $8995 NZ dollars, where as a comparable CRF450xof that year and new will be about $12k at the shop... the Kwakas dont seem to have the best name or resale for some reason... bit like the RMX450, albeit you get great bang for buck with the green and yellows... what are the new KLX450 prices like over there in Trumpville?

Only ran here from around 2008-2009. I've had many KX250s and liked them so I was eager to try a KLX450. Only rode one in a parking lot so can't really say much about them. Both green and yellow aren't very common here either but I'd like to get ahold of a RMX450Z someday. 

Edited by shrubitup

Here in Canada (non Trumpville, but we have a another weirdo) KLX is not as popular as the CRF. My best friend had a new back in 08 KLX and really liked it as he was a Honda guy...and ironically he's back on a Honda again years later. I almost pulled the trigger on a Kawi, just couldn't find the right one. Happy on this CRF though...but I've only riden it for 20 mins so far. ?