From crf450r to yz250f?

I just got my boys a few motorcycles. Crf70 and xr100. I asked to borrow a friends crf450r so I could ride with them. I ended up buying it. It is a 2004 crf450r. I got it for a steal. It is just way too much bike for me. I am going to look at a 2007 yz250f tomorrow. It is a one owner in excellent condition. He is asking $2,700.  I will primarily be trail riding with my sons. I'm 6'4" 215. Any thoughts on whether this will be a good fit?

I'm not the one to tell you if the bike is a good fit for you, but $2700 is too high for a '07, no matter the condition.  The bike underwent some changes in '08, like a good bump in compression, that really helped it out.  I payed $2K for my '08, and its in excellent mechanical condition, and very well maintained. 

• Like 1

He's right. There's a 2012 at a dealer near me for 2800. Excellent condition. For sure that bike would be good for you.

2003WR 250F Yamaha.

Hey guys. I still have a problem with my clutch. I replaced the clutch disc,basket,pushlever and shafted rod ,cable and lever components. I have no play in my cable. Clutch is always engaged. Bike Will not pull itself at all. Lever is very stiff. 

'New clutch is a Moose HD, but old clutch was just a little lighter pull. Any ideas? Hate to take it to a shop, but I'm stuck.  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

No, it's a bad choice. It's going to get hot poking around following your boys in the woods. The WR450F or WR250F would be much better suited.

Not to say a WR wouldn't be better, but I haven't had any issues with mine getting hot, while poking around with my kids. 

• Like 1

I rode with my son all day today. I believe I will keep the 450. Thanks for the input. 

• Like 1