How Do You Find the Correct Springs for Your Weight?

I am looking to put heavier springs on my 2017 YZ250X. I love everything about the stock suspension, in fact other than setting the sag I have not touched a clicker yet.  I went off a 2' ledge and the bike hit pretty hard. I am 215lbs w/o gear and am sure I can benefit from heavier springs but I'm not sure what springs to get? I have resprung a previous bike using the Race Tech calculator and they were way too stiff. I also think its odd that their calculator factors your age into your spring rate. Needless to say I am leery of using that calculator again. Any suggestions ?

They have been pretty much dead on with me and the people that I know.  The trick is to be honest about your ability and use.  Hurts sometimes,  and I am now past medicare age and I tend to forget how much slower my legs react to quick loads.  Paul Thede is figuring that out.   So the trick to get the right one probably is to have a heck of good supply of springs and do some changing.  Riding the new one long enough to find out if your dampers are set wrong is a good idea too.  Funny about the length of time I have been riding and how I have to tell myself to spring lighter and lighter.  Compression damping doesn't seem to be the friend that it once was.    For health reasons I have taken off some weight.   Now at about 175 dressed and 6 feet.  I put some forks back on that I had when I was just 15 lbs heavier.   3 years "slower" now.  I felt like someone put concrete in them instead of fork oil.   

1 hour ago, dirtbikesonny said:

I am looking to put heavier springs on my 2017 YZ250X. I love everything about the stock suspension, in fact other than setting the sag I have not touched a clicker yet.  I went off a 2' ledge and the bike hit pretty hard. I am 215lbs w/o gear and am sure I can benefit from heavier springs but I'm not sure what springs to get? I have resprung a previous bike using the Race Tech calculator and they were way too stiff. I also think its odd that their calculator factors your age into your spring rate. Needless to say I am leery of using that calculator again. Any suggestions ?

Q-springs.com is what I use