Rookie move. Georgetown closed.

I've ridden GT a million times and I know to call first.  Didn't call today.  Got turned around and sent home by the peachy lady in the Ranger Station. Bone head move on my part. I guess they got WAY more rain than the Roseville area.  She told us they had 7 "cumulative" inches of rain Wednesday and that the park, she hoped, would reopen Sunday!  

Just a heads up if you're planning on riding GT tomorrow, call first!!! The ranger lady says no go till at least Sunday.  Bummed but my fault.

I did the same thing a month or two ago. 

Foresthill opens tomorrow, though. I've been walking the dogs up there the last few weeks and there are some puddles here and there, but the rest of the trails are actually starting to dry up. Should be fun.

I'm tempted to go over to FH tomorrow since I was intending on going to GT. There's no snow around 5/6? I have to imagine six is going to be blocked by downed trees around the wst. 

48 minutes ago, tapeleg said:

I'm tempted to go over to FH tomorrow since I was intending on going to GT. There's no snow around 5/6? I have to imagine six is going to be blocked by downed trees around the wst. 

6 was completely passable in late December, there was a shit ton of snow tho.. but there is the gigantor down at ? thumb

Hm. Maybe I'll take my chances at FH. Haven't had the best luck with the trail police at GT. Just wish I knew where the snow line is because god damn does FH suck if you can't ride 5/6/wst

Been a few storms since Dec. & a lil wind too,I think you should check it out for us,I'll check out VC for us  then the pre race party afterwards,,,,Rock is supposed to open Sun. AM

8 hours ago, tapeleg said:

Hm. Maybe I'll take my chances at FH. Haven't had the best luck with the trail police at GT. Just wish I knew where the snow line is because god damn does FH suck if you can't ride 5/6/wst

I would ask your dad if its okay before you try trail 6.  I think it could be a double black diamond.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, getoutanddoit said:

I would ask your dad if its okay before you try trail 6.  I think it could be a double black diamond.

Don't worry, he had two 32s of miller high life in the parking lot after. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 0:57 PM, BigBelly said:

I've ridden GT a million times and I know to call first.  Didn't call today.  Got turned around and sent home by the peachy lady in the Ranger Station. Bone head move on my part. I guess they got WAY more rain than the Roseville area.  She told us they had 7 "cumulative" inches of rain Wednesday and that the park, she hoped, would reopen Sunday!  

Just a heads up if you're planning on riding GT tomorrow, call first!!! The ranger lady says no go till at least Sunday.  Bummed but my fault.

Yep. Bonehead here too. My buddy and I towed the trailers to bald mt. Thursday eve only to see the signs saying the trail.s are closed.  Called the Rangers Friday morning and got the news so packed up and split back to our old favorites

To All,

As of 7:20 am on 4/2/2017, there has been 48 hours of drying weather at the Georgetown Ranger Station.  This condition allows for the reopening of the Rock Creek Trails to OHVs, bicycles, and equestrians, with the exception of roads and trails within the Southern Deer Winter Range Seasonal Closure Area.

Please pass this information to your contacts and organizations.  Weather conditions can change quickly; please call 530-333-4312 for the latest information on the status of the Rock Creek Trails.  Thank you for your cooperation and remember to tread lightly.

Thanks,

Hannah Stone
District Recreation Officer

Ride on

Brewster