Coolant flush/change

So during some off season rebuilding I drained my coolant and removed my radiator.  I have run some distilled water through the Rad, I would like to refill with Engine Ice.  Is draining old coolant from engine and putting distilled water through Rad enough to clean most of old coolant (Not engine Ice) out of system, or should I fill it up w/ distilled water or cheap coolant and have a shop do a proper flush for me.  Im under the impression mixing coolants w/ engine ice will render it less effective, is this true or just overkill technique?

Ya the old coolant that came out still looked fresh, more or less worried about contamination new coolant (engine ice) w/ trace amounts of old prestone left in system that didnt make it out.

The number of water flushes depends on the person. But I would run the bike a bit with the water, then drain it.

I would fully flush the system. Mixing different coolants can sometimes cause the coolant to gel in the engine. For me it's not worth the risk, even if the manufacturer says it is OK. If changing coolants I always refill the system with distilled water, run for a few minutes, and drain until the water comes out clean.

I just put a new athena BB kit on my bike aswell and it needs to be broken in, can i get away with running just distilled water for the breaking in, then when i do my first oil change do the coolant flushes.  i know in most vehicles you can run distilled water as long as it doesnt freeze on yopu, i would assume that is ok for the DRZ aswell?

Coolant has anti-foaming agents, corrosion inhibitors, and lubricants for the water pump. If you're running the engine for very many miles you may want to add some Water Wetter.