Golden type 216aa or Bridgestone m59

Just like the title says golden tyre or M59 not looking for oh try this one, I'm looking at only these two. Idk about pulling the trigger on that 216aa seems expensive but has anybody used it??? Thanks.

I personally like the m59 much better. I feel it grips better and deflects less

The GT216AAHB has never professional negative review...is a excellent tire both front and rear. As Anvil has pointed out, 2 rides does that to his tire, I can point to 30/40hrs of use on the same tire with outstanding results... It's all on how you ride... 

• Like 2

I ran the FATTY. Only reason I still don't is because they became unavailable in Canada. Always ran a tube in the front and never had a flat... Mousse in the rear...

So you have tried both than? How is the m59 in mud

M59 front , m5b rear is my go to setup in the PNW. Haven't tried the GT so i cannot comment on that. Been super muddy this year and the 59 as always has been doing its job great.

The 216aa is a very good tire performance and wear wise. The Anvil's rear must have been a gummy to wear like that in two rides. The 216 fronts aren't the gummy compound.

• Like 1

Goldentyre tires are amazing! just a little pricey.
for rocky terrain, the Fatty is the go-to.
i call bullshit on Anvil's 2 ride wear on that rear. sorry buddy, but my front is still good after 8 gnar rides. i can't speak on behalf of the rear Goldentyre. Anvil knows to use an M5B but she likes the drama.

23 hours ago, The Anvil said:

Golden tyre lasted two rides for me IMG_3330.JPG

What bike is this on?  2T or 4T?  Is that the regular compound or X compound?

The local Golden Tyre distributor told me the 216 rear was only meant for 2T bikes.

What bike is this on?  2T or 4T?  Is that the regular compound or X compound?
The local Golden Tyre distributor told me the 216 rear was only meant for 2T bikes.

2017 husky 300 TE

21 hours ago, Monk said:

I ran the FATTY. Only reason I still don't is because they became unavailable in Canada. Always ran a tube in the front and never had a flat... Mousse in the rear...

There is a Golden Tyre guy in Kelowna or Kamloops.  I got mine from him in Calgary 6 months ago and a buddy just got a set last week.

27 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

There is a Golden Tyre guy in Kelowna or Kamloops.  I got mine from him in Calgary 6 months ago and a buddy just got a set last week.

It used to be Mike, but Mike doesn't do it anymore and switched over to Gibson Tyres. Maybe some old stock or a different guy but I haven't heard anything..

Just discovered someone in Calgary is importing GoldenTyre. I messaged him so it will be interesting to see what I hear back.. 

Edited by Monk

Hey@Monk, what's your terrain like up there? Roots, rocks, mud? Just wondering because I'm thinking of picking one up for an upcoming race and haven't paid much attention to woods tires recently.

47 minutes ago, Monk said:

It used to be Mike, but Mike doesn't do it anymore and switched over to Gibson Tyres. Maybe some old stock or a different guy but I haven't heard anything..

Just discovered someone in Calgary is importing GoldenTyre. I messaged him so it will be interesting to see what I hear back.. 

I don't know Mike.  The guy who I got my tires off is named Andrew.  He was in Calgary and just moved down to BC recently.