Kx250f coolant leak

Ok so I rode my kx around today then I let it idle while I went inside to get something and when I came out there was coolant all over the floor. Everything is fine when I ride it's only when it idles

You realize its only a matter of minutes before this gets moved to a KX forum.

You sure its coming from a hose? Then either get new hoses or new clamps.

But look for a little hole in the front of the block, not on the case cover, but in front of the water pump. Water pump points to 3 oclock and this hole points to 12. Idle it again and look here for a drip. It drips here to show you that first seal is bad, a warning that itll get worse. Then youll be running oil and water mixed in your motor and your rad. The hole is between both seals.

Saying a color hose doesnt help me cause you can get a rainbow colored hose if you wanted. If its not the hose coming out the caps neck, then its what I said which is the seals IN the water pump. Theres two. One that seals out the oil, then one to shut out water. Oil lubes the inside one so youd see oil dripping out that hole if that was it. But if its water its the outside seal. Buy a right side gasket/seal kit. Pull off the pump. Pull off the right side, pry the old seals out. And covered in oil film, put the new ones in. Then oil the impeller shaft. Put right side back on. Now that shaft is through. Install impeller. Pump cover. Done.

If this wasnt it. Plan on doing this at some point regardless or deal with that drip when it comes

But I agree. If it dripped just sitting idling, theres no air passing through the rads cooling the water. So with heat expansion it drips out the cap neck hose.

A higher pressure cap is what aids in keeping this from happening. Its still hot, but it needs to be hotter to drip out cause the pressure will be more. This isnt an aid in cooling. Its an aid not to drip out say if youre way out in the desert. Dont wanna drip dry there. This cap buys you time.