"new" bike, not broken in, low power?

Hey guys,

Would a brand new motor have noticeably less power before it's broken in? I'm going to check out a 10yr old bike that has 3.5 miles on it. It's actually on it's *third* owner because, apparently, the first two owners thought it was underpowered and drove it a total of 0.6 miles. The third owner felt the same way until he'd drive it a couple miles, after which he said the motor came to life.

Haven't never ridden a bike with a new motor, I'm curious if that's what you'd expect during the break in period. Just want to get some opinions in case the guy is pulling my chain. The bike really does look like it rolled off the showroom floor.

So the first two owners didn't like it so bad that it's only got 3 miles on it, and the third owner already wants to sell it too, but it's "came to life" yeah, right.

It must really suck.

To me it is a question of how much they want and how much you might have to put into it to make it what you want. I agree that something seems odd that a bike has had three owners with very few miles put on it. If the price is right take it to your local dealer and have it checked out.

Maybe from all that sitting and no miles thet bike may have some minor issues (carb clogged, critter in the exhaust etc...).