I bought a new to me 2008 WR250F last weekend. Immaculate shape and an awesome price. Guy threw in a Yamalink in a seperate bag. I am used to my YZ250F being tall, just adjusted the sag some for trails so I am not sure I will need the link. But being a shorter rider and having one in my hands I wouldn't mind trying it out. I know I will need a different spring, but can anyone tell me what stock rate is and as a 180 lb rider without the gear what size spring I would need? I sent a pm to member Yamalink as well, just curious on others who have this type of unit. Thanks for any input, good or bad...

Further research into this I have found per Racetechs website and my weight/style of riding leads to a 5.2 kg rear spring, stock is 4.7. Not too much differences elected for fronts springs. That is without the added 10%-15% stiffer spring needed for the Yamalink per their website. So would I need to bump that to perhaps a 5.6 or 5.8 kg spring?

6 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

Sounds stiff.  Call factory connection.  There setups for the Yamaha include there lower link

Thanks for the tip. I will give them and others a call to discuss my options. I just figure if I have a free Yamalink, why not give it a shot. But I still want to do it right rather than throw it on a stock setup not set up for me to begin with and then just thoroughly hate what it did.

Even further research leads me into just bringing it into RG3 here in Golden. Set it all up correctly internally. Will be calling on Monday to discuss options and pricing and then start saving to do it that route. Might have a Yamalink for sale soon to help offset the cost.

RG3 Denver is out of town until the 11th, no big deal since we are going on vaca for a week too. When I get back I will reach out to him again to discuss revalve since it is a new to me bike. 

With that being said, anyone want a Yamalink for cheap? I think everything is there for it and I have pictures I can text if interested. Will post in for sale section once I am back and on CL as well. Looks like they go for $160 new so I will let it go for $100 plus shipping. USPS flat rate box goes for like $15 so if that's the case $115 OTD. PM me a phone number if you want pics.

This will fit a 2005-2014 WR250f & WR450F. It does have 2 grease zerks. Google Yamalink.

Edited by morphrider