carb switcheroo

I have two 2001 XR200s, and I plan to sell one of them. My son moved to a 250. One of the 200's has a stock airbox, but had a 105 main jet as it was from Colorado. So I checked the other 200 and swapped the 110 out of that. So that one is all set as a stock setup. 110 main, 38 pilot, airbox and snorkel intact.

The other bike has the snorkel removed, and the previous owner had a 110 main and a 45 pilot. Is that right for a pilot with the snorkel off? I was going to try to find a snorkel on line for it and get a  stock 38 pilot, but if it is too pricey, what would be the recommended jets for Wisconsin elevation if the snorkel stays off?

Actually the duct, which is #10 below, is also missing in addition to the snorkel, which is #11. 

1400.png

Edited by dogeddie

Not really; I usually pull the snorkle out but leave the 3 port duct in because it helps protect the filter from water ingestion. If you want quiet and stealthy keep the snorkle (item 11 on part fiche), and the muffler insert and tip (item 6 & 7 on the part fiche). These items make the bike stealthy enough to be not heard 100 feet away in the woods, the low noise also makes long rides easier.

Stock jetting should work well without any or all of the above items. Stock jetting is; 110M, 38P, 3rd clip, 1 1/8 turns out initial.

Chuck, are you saying the stock jetting will work with no snorkel and no 3 port duct?

Not sure what you mean by parts 6 and 7?

Edited by dogeddie

Yes, the engines, unlike newer Hondas, are are jetted borderline rich because no emission requirements and no accelerator pump in the carb. Part 6 & 7 are the muffler insert and tip:

KT04F1500A.gif

And the "snorkle" (11) and duct (10):

KT04F1400.gif

Oh - I was looking at the 6 and 7 from my posted pic.:facepalm:

I have to buy both jets anyway, as after I bastardized the one bike I am left with a 105 and a 45 which I can't use, and wanted to make sure. I will look for a 110 and a 38. Thanks

Most Honda dealers have jets on hand, take the jets you have to the parts desk and tell them you want same type but in such such size.  Much easier/cheaper than waiting for mail order and paying shipping for two little parts. If my local dealer doesn't have parts on hand I mail order to save a return trip to the dealer.