Can we fit kawa parts on YZ450f 2010?

Hi folks, I have a Yz450f 2010 and I blown my engine, now I look for a new engine but does anyone know if other brands will fit on my bike? There is a lot of kawa for sale and I do not find a Yamaha brand in my region...

Thank you for your help

2010-Yamaha-YZ450Fc.jpg

Edited by jul418qcyamaha

and the service manual is supposed to tell if other engine than yam can fit on the bike?

Yes, if there would have been a 2010-2013 yz450f engine in my area I probably bought it but it is not the case. From eBay is too expensive with the shipping.

All I have in my region is kawa or suzuki engine and they are cheaper than a rebuild, its the reason of my question. My friend have a 2003 rmz with a kawa engine and he did not spend a fortune for that. So, I thought it could be on a yz450f 2010...

On 4/1/2017 at 11:20 PM, jul418qcyamaha said:

and the service manual is supposed to tell if other engine than yam can fit on the bike?

Yes, if there would have been a 2010-2013 yz450f engine in my area I probably bought it but it is not the case. From eBay is too expensive with the shipping.

All I have in my region is kawa or suzuki engine and they are cheaper than a rebuild, its the reason of my question. My friend have a 2003 rmz with a kawa engine and he did not spend a fortune for that. So, I thought it could be on a yz450f 2010...

Do your research man, http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/kawasaki-and-suzuki-to-share-platforms 

Also the fact that you cant find a used Yamaha motor vs. finding a Kawi/Suzuki motor might be a little bit of a sign of the reliability of the Yamaha powertrain they just dont die (under normal circumstances). 

Also you are talking about more than just making a motor fit, different electronics, fuel delivery. Everything. 

Even if you had all the time and money in the world you are talking about putting an outdated subpar motor in the place of a great and up to date motor. Thats like taking the nice fuel injected V8 out of a new mustang and bolting up an old carb Honda 4cyl out of a civic. While it might be physically possible with a lot of work, why would you do that?

Rebuild what you have, buy a new YZ450 motor, or scrap the project and buy a new used bike for a couple thousand and get back to riding. 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2017 at 10:26 AM, tmeyer37 said:

Thats like taking the nice fuel injected V8 out of a new mustang and bolting up an old carb Honda 4cyl out of a civic. While it might be physically possible with a lot of work, why would you do that?

To get rid of the Ford engine.

• Like 1

To get rid of the Ford engine.

Don't start the Ford vs. Chevy debate. Thats a messy subject up there with religion and politics. If you want to you want to still enjoy pushrod V8s and wonderful interior quality (sarcasm) ne my guest. Lol