Beta 500RRS as snowbike?

Anyone have any opinions on the 500RRS as a snowbike?  I'm getting an '18 Timbersled LT this fall, and currently have a '16 430RR.  Love the Beta, but want more punch for the snow kit.  I'm looking at the Beta 500RRS, Yammie 450FX, or the new Honda CRF450RX.  I think the big bore power and bottom end torque of the 500 would be nice, but just looking for some feedback.  Thanks in advance!!

Is it going to be a dedicated snow bike or both dirt and snow?  If it's a do it all bike the 500 would do just fine, not the power of a 450 MX bike though.  This past winter I used my 350RR with a Timbersled ST and it did great, but we're at a max 2000' elevation and I only weigh 150 lbs.  If it was going to be a dedicated snow bike build I'd get a 450 with e-start and would probably go with the new Honda CRF450RX.

• Like 1

The 500/480 has no trouble against race 450's power wise (mine has outrun several from behind). I would estimate the KTM/Husky 450's as the only bike with the same power.The extra 30cc's deliver grunt below idle speed and doesn't flame out..

The 6-speed may not be a factor for snow? The wide power delivery allows less shifting, although I have 0 experience with a snowbike.

KTM/Husky and Honda's have both seen some failures this year...so you might want to consider the warranty difference's.

• Like 1