Used price 250fx

I've found a used 2015 250fx with a claimed 15 hours (still has stock everything with little wear) for $4500. Is that ball park? I'm having a hard time getting a gauge for these bikes on the used market because there aren't many I can find. This is a US price.

It's a great price. If you can scrounge up a tuner it will tell you the hours on the motor. Keep in mind the hours can be reset to zero but the owner may not know this.

Check the boot wear on the frame --- that's usually a good indicator. If there is none than see if you can tell if there was a frame protector that he pulled off. Low boot wear >> 15 hours may be legit. 

I'm shopping for one right now - $4500 is suspiciously low actually but maybe they are just desperate to get rid of it quick and need the money. 

$5000-$5500 seems to be the current average price in my area. 

I was told by the dealer mine had 8 hrs. But was suspicious because the tires were wore down more than a bike that was taken out a few times. I'd like to have had a tuner to see what it really had on it. Plus it had full PR2 suspension on. So the guy basically bought the bike put alot of money into suspension rode it 3 times and sold.

Do some people have too much money?

20170407_172705.jpg

Ended up getting this bike. Already had some protection items and suspension set up for a rider my size and ability. It was the same price as the other bike and supposed to have less than 40 hours, which seemed realistic.

Rode it for a bit this evening and my first impression is its a great bike. Feels light in motion and has surprising grunt for a 250, even in 3rd gear. Suspension feels awesome.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, ohiodrz400sm said:

4500 is a good price for a bike that was 6500 out the door if the buyer had a shred of negotiating skill. I'd say go for it. Realistically priced bikes don't stay for sale long.

Please Please Please tell me where I can buy a 250FX for $6500 out the door. Or even $7000. Please!