Ltr450 clutch hard to pull in

My ltr450 clutch is super hard to pull in, have to use my whole hand. The clutch engages properly the only problem is that it's so stiff, what could be causing this? I just replaced the clutch cable

Stiff springs? My Banshee has a heavy duty clutch with super heavy springs. Grips real good, just need a strong hand. ;)

It's not so much for me, I bought the quad for the gf and their is no way she'll wanna put up with it

I see. Probably just put some softer springs in it and call it good. I'm sure they've got some on the internet or something.

You sure it's just the springs? My buddy says he used to have pretty tough springs on his yfz but I don't ever remember it being like this, mine is such a pain in the ass especially in the woods

When I bought me banshee I thought there was something wrong with it too. When you pull it in and dump it, does it snap back really hard?

I couldn't tell you, don't usually snap it back and dump it too hard, I just know that it engages fine and works properly, just hard to pull in

Thought it could be the clutch cable but it didn't fix it when I replaced

Then it's probably the springs. I can't really think of anything else. Is it a new clutch? Usually when people replace their clutch they'll change all the springs. That will lead to a stiff clutch pull. Usually if you want a soft pull you do half new springs and half old springs.

I haven't replaced the clutch since iv had it, iv had it for a couple months but only put like 8 hours on it, could have been a new clutch, could it also be the clutch basket or even my asv levers?

Maybe. But usually if you're clutch is working fine but just hard to pull it's usually the springs from what I've seen. If your clutch basket was notched or something you'd feel like your clutch isn't fully disengaging. Has your bike always had a stiff pull some you've owned it?

Usually it'll soften up after a while. That may be a problem. Maybe it's the spring loaded arm that the clutch cable connects to. Try lubing it with WD-40. If that doesn't work then you might want to inspect your clutch.

Would that be an easy fix, I should just be able to put a new one in right?

Usually the arm isn't the problem. It may be a little sticky, in which case I'd just spray some lubricant on it. Another thing to check is to see if your clutch springs aren't over tightened. If they are that may be why it's so hard to pull. The clutch is easy to change if you have to, just drain the oil and remove the case cover. I've got pictures on a clutch that I recently redid if you need them. A new clutch will run you anywhere from $50 to $200. It really depends.

I thought it was lubed but can't remember, I replaced springs and it made it worse.. I put the old springs back in and removed 2 so I'm only running 4 springs right now, it helped a lot but still sucks