IT200 conversion

have the chance to pick up a running it200 for $100 bucks. everything is roached (left outside for 5+ years) but motor runs, i got it running for a buddy who has no interest in it. wondering if anyone's transplanted an IT motor into a newer YZ chassis? something like 97 or above?

keep in mind the right side drive versus the left side of late model YZs...  would be a cool rig, air cooled simplicity.

Just rebuild/restore it, those are great old bikes.

i think i might do that, and race the evo class for my series. minimum of 20 years old, air cooled, and drum brakes

On 2017/4/3 at 1:01 AM, ScrewMx_Hd said:

have the chance to pick up a running it200 for $100 bucks. everything is roached (left outside for 5+ years) but motor runs, i got it running for a buddy who has no interest in it. wondering if anyone's transplanted an IT motor into a newer YZ chassis? something like 97 or above?

Here is a good topc for you.

I posted some article that related the motor.

But Their links to my pics are broken. Go to my album if you are interested in them.
http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/kamiture/library/IT200AL?sort=3&page=1

My buddy has a mint IT200 and it is a pretty awesome bike for its age. He got a bigger clarke tank on it, and handgaurds, and it always runs.