St Louis Supercross salute to 250SX rider

I have been riding off-road for almost 50 years and I am still amazed at the spirit and character of the people you meet through motorcycles! I was at last nights St Louis round, the start of the 250 LCQ resulted in a violent pile up as the field funneled into the first turn. I have'nt watched the DVR telecast yet so I don't have any names, but one of the riders involved jumped off the ground and RAN to help another rider who was trapped under 2 bikes. You could he was fueled by adrenaline by the way he threw the still running bikes off of the trapped rider - seconds ago that rider was his rival and he would have done his best to pass him but in that moment he recognized someone in trouble and didnt hesitate or consider his own well being to help. He couldnt have known the race was red lighted and he could have picked up his own bike and tried to regain positions, but he unselfishly flew into action to help a fellow rider. This was an awesome display of character and sportsmanship that was not lost on a group of middle(late) aged men in the stands! Salute to you young man keep living your life that way and great things will come!

• Like 2

That is generally uncharacteristic for another rider to help a downed/trapped rider.  Nothing cruel or selfish meant by it, but usually you're in amped race mode, and know there are track workers and medical personnel if needed.

I would have thought nothing less of him if he mounted his steed and rode on, but that was kind of him to do as he did.

Any race I'm in, if I see a rider have a yard sale, I'll stop just to comfort them until help arrives.

If I see them standing by their bike, or they are trying to start it, and can see they're ok, I'll roost them.........well only if it's one of my buddies that deserve it. :ride: