17 KX450F in the woods?

Hi!

How much of a handful is the 17 kx450f in the woods? I currently run a 16 Wr250f as my main enduro bike and an 05 crf450r as a play bike, wheelie bike, ice riding and some woods riding. I like the mix of having both a 250 and a 450. So I've been thinking about selling the Honda and get a newer 450. Was first thinking about getting a 450 enduro, but I really like the light weight and nimble feeling of the Honda, and I really don't need all the bells n whistles on a pure enduro. Never owned a Kawasaki but I'd like to try one. Can u make them rideable in the tighter stuff?

Great woods bike, I went up two teeth in the rear and it's perfect for carrying second in the woods. I use the bike for moto and woods and I just put the black coupler in when riding woods to make it a little more tame and usable in the tight stuff. Had Factory Connection do my forks and the air forks aren't that bad for woods, stock they were pretty bad I had a hard time feeling any roots or rocks.

On 4/6/2017 at 7:19 PM, cygrace74mx said:

... stock they were pretty bad I had a hard time feeling any roots or rocks.

Isn't that a good thing?? :)

I rode a buddy's 14' KX450F the other day and I was truly blown away with how well the suspension felt in the woods and how super smooth the motor is. What's even crazier is the bike is set up for a 190 lb rider (My buddy) and I'm 265 lbs.... And it felt great!

Thx for the input. I decided to stick with my old 450r for this year. Put a recluse, powerbowl 2 and an full fmf 4.1 system on it and I really like it. Gonna have my suspension revalved for woods riding this week too.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 1:14 PM, jwilson32 said:

Isn't that a good thing?? :)

I rode a buddy's 14' KX450F the other day and I was truly blown away with how well the suspension felt in the woods and how super smooth the motor is. What's even crazier is the bike is set up for a 190 lb rider (My buddy) and I'm 265 lbs.... And it felt great!

Well you don't want it to bottom on roots or rocks, but it's nice to have feedback to know what's going on 

17 hours ago, cygrace74mx said:

Well you don't want it to bottom on roots or rocks, but it's nice to have feedback to know what's going on 

Agreed

Edited by jwilson32

17 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Makes me wonder how well it feels to the 190lb guy. 75lbs is a huge difference.

He said it feels great. Go figure....