Carb leaking from bottom bolt

Got a cr250 2002 the other day and the exterior of the carb was filthy. Like a general covering of two stroke oil and bits of dirt. Not horrible but needed a clean.

Got it open to find the internals were completely clean. So I cleaned the outside too.

Put it back on and went for a small warm up ride, and came back and the nut that screws into the bottom of the bowl would drip some gas/oil.

It's not the o ring of the bowl for sure. The carb is a mikuni TMX? Google a cr250 2002 carb and you'll see. Anyway, I figure that's why the outside of the carb was filthy because of the dripping. It's not dropping anywhere else. The nut is tight too.

Verify all vent hoses are attached and pointed downward. Probably replace the float bowl gasket. Yes, the OEM carb is a flatside Mikuni TMX. Believe they were all the same 2001-2003. 

Absolutely right. Btw, I love your profile pic:) (bubbles)

Opened it up again and there was a seating for what looked like an o ring would be. Went online and brought up the carb, found the drain bolt was supposed to have an o ring on the seating. So I put one on and she's all good now!

• Like 2