Low compression caused my bike to not start, does this mean my top end is fried?

Before I put my 05 CRF250R away for the winter it was running weird. I noticed it was leaking oil out of the engine cover. It was understandable because i had just put a new stator in. The bike had been running oddly for some time before i realized it was leaking. I just took the bike out for the spring and now it doesn't even start. I bought a new engine gasket to try to fix the leak. I am currently installing it. I am wondering if the low compression could've messed up the top end? I rode it with low compression for about three weeks before it started to bog so bag i couldn't ride it anymore. Will replacing the seal fix my issue or have i created a whole new one?

Prob with the CRF250/450s is the compression release, it lowers compression below 60psi for starting. Add in some additional loss caused by a leaking valve, worn rings, or worn timing chain and you have an engine without enough compression to start. As posted, check the valve clearances first.

23 hours ago, TownTown 250 said:

First thing I would do is check Valves, I also had low compression on my 04 and now that they are in spec it's like new

x2 on this, check your valves 1st and then do a leak test.