New to me!!

Traded my 01 yz250f for an 04 crf450r!! Literally traded bike for bike!! Only thing wrong with the bike is the forks are leaking pretty good :( pics of the old bike and new!!

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

• Like 2

It's very clean came with an extra set of tires to just trying to decide If im going to rebuild the suspension myself or not. I have rebuilt lots of motors and trannys but the suspension just scares me lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powers145 said:

It's very clean came with an extra set of tires to just trying to decide If im going to rebuild the suspension myself or not. I have rebuilt lots of motors and trannys but the suspension just scares me lol

Yeah, me too.  Forks I'll change the fluid, seals, etc, basic stuff but the shock I send out. I don't do the valving on either.

15 hours ago, HRC27 said:

Yeah, me too.  Forks I'll change the fluid, seals, etc, basic stuff but the shock I send out. I don't do the valving on either.

Who do you send out to and what's it cost?

22 hours ago, powers145 said:

Who do you send out to and what's it cost?

Pro Action but It's been a while so not sure on cost. I would just have them rebuild them.

1 hour ago, HRC27 said:

Pro Action but It's been a while so not sure on cost. I would just have them rebuild them.

Would I notice a huge difference with a rebuild and new form springs or do I wait and do the gold valves as well

6 minutes ago, powers145 said:

Would I notice a huge diffeinence with a rebuild and new form springs or do I wait and do the gold valves as well

I was always a budget racer so by the time I sent a shock It was over due so, for those, It was night and day.

Ultimate Is a revalve but do what you can afford.

I only raced one season a few years ago I'm not a super aggressive rider but trying to be more competitive I'll start with new fork springs seals and let her rip it's leaking pretty good and I think fork oils pretty low which is why it's so squishy in the front end

• Like 1

Would I notice a huge difference with a rebuild and new form springs or do I wait and do the gold valves as well

Fork seals are very easy to replace. No special tools "required", but some do make the job easier. The Tusk fork wrench, motion pro foek seal driver, and a ratio rite make it much easier. You could replace the fork seals and be out riding within hours. While saving up for Gold valves and different springs. Unless you can spring for the parts now, it isnt hard to do those either.

13 minutes ago, TurboSohcRyan said:

Fork seals are very easy to replace. No special tools "required", but some do make the job easier. The Tusk fork wrench, motion pro foek seal driver, and a ratio rite make it much easier. You could replace the fork seals and be out riding within hours. While saving up for Gold valves and different springs. Unless you can spring for the parts now, it isnt hard to do those either.

Forks are rebuilt with new springs from race tech will get it out today got it all put back together last night!!

• Like 1

I did a revalving  for my crf450 last week it cost me around 1000$ pretty good deal I guess cuz I really don't know a thing about the bikes

Try the seal mate. $5 and it worked for my leaking fork seals on my 02 CRF450R. IMG_0290.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, K4750 said:

Try the seal mate. $5 and it worked for my leaking fork seals on my 02 CRF450R. IMG_0290.JPG

Amazing how many seal leaks can be fixed with this or a 35mm negative.  Just a little dirt in there....

It's cost me 350 bucks to have them rebuild new fork seals and dust seals new springs and bushings now my rear spokes are loose and wobbling and the spokes are locked up :(

5 hours ago, powers145 said:

It's cost me 350 bucks to have them rebuild new fork seals and dust seals new springs and bushings now my rear spokes are loose and wobbling and the spokes are locked up :(

Ouch!  I did a thread on an easy way to lace them.  

The spoke threads aren't lubricated when made by/for the factory and they seize.  Make sure to brush on some waterproof grease or anti-seize when you rebuild them.

17 hours ago, HRC27 said:

Ouch!  I did a thread on an easy way to lace them.  

The spoke threads aren't lubricated when made by/for the factory and they seize.  Make sure to brush on some waterproof grease or anti-seize when you rebuild them.

Can you send me a link?